HOW TO REQUEST VOLUNTEER SERVICES
- a message from Christine McNamara, Member Services Coordinator
- Please call the office at 845-452-4846 for questions and requests. I arrange services for members and answer inquiries from those interested in learning more about HVHM. My office hours are generally Monday through Thursdays, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. You may leave a message at any time and I will return your call when possible Volunteers provide a number of services, including local transportation, friendly visits, light handyman duties, organizing and help with electronics or paperwork. Requests for volunteers are filled based upon their availability. If you have another type of request, feel free to ask. We have a generous group of volunteers who enjoy working with our members.
- Please make requests for transportation from volunteers at least 2 weeks in advance if possible. I will call you back to obtain details, will notify you when a volunteer has been found and the volunteer driver will call you to set up the arrangements.
- In bad weather, transportation may be cancelled if schools in the area are closed or if the volunteer finds it necessary to do so.
- If there is a job beyond what a volunteer can do, HVHM has a preferred vendor list for many categories of services. Please call the office for referrals. And if you can recommend a vendor/service provider, please let me know so that I can pass the information on to the HVHM Board of Directors for consideration.
- Please watch for notices about our social events each month. These include lunches and other events.
- We want you to enjoy your experience as a member of Hudson Valley Home Matters. Please contact us with any questions about your membership and our services.